Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Visions of Sugar Plums

This year we made a first attempt at a gingerbread house.
Then my friend Megan and I got adventurous and decided to bake sugar cookies and gingerbread men (to go with our little gingerbread house) with our four toddlers. She has two two-year-old twin boys.
After scrutinizing our photos, I don't think I would share these cookies with anyone who didn't already have some form of rhinitis.
First, pour in the flour and the sugar.


If any sugar falls onto the piece of paper next to you, just lick it off.

Licking is an important part of baking. 
If you can't lick it yourself,
 get Margaret to lick it up.
Crack the eggs.


Mix well.



Drive your toy trains around in the snow.
Eat some batter
Roll out the dough. 

Cut out the shapes.
Throw them on the pan and into the oven.

Frost and sprinkle.


Isabella likes to show Anderson how to do things.


He likes to do it his own way.

Try not to eat them all before dinner.
Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I can't believe how big the kids are getting.

Did you make the trek to see Santa?

Anonymous said...

Who had more fun, the kids or the moms? Happy Holidays to all of you.

Anonymous said...

What a great memory. Don't know which I enjoyed the most, the pictures or your story telling. This is so cute and so brave. Have a Merry Christmas. I love you. Mom

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart for sharing such fun! Have a Merry, Merry Christmas! Love - Aunt Sue

SisterTwo said...

What a great memory. I wish I could have been part of it. You really need to move closer to Nebraska!
Merry Christmas Orsers!
Give Isabella and Anderson a big hug from Aunt Katie.