Tuesday, August 25, 2009

40 for 40




 A liitle bird told me that Sister Two turns 40 in 40 days.


We knew that Sister Two would rather let the day go by unnoticed and anyone that knows me knows that I just couldn't do that.



So to celebrate this momentous occasion, we have been scouring flea markets, garage sales, clearance tables and other fine shopping arenas for forty "perfect" gifts.  We want Sister Two to enjoy the last of her youth and to celebrate each passing day by opening a gift.  Some of them have clues, some of them don't.  Some of them are funny, some of them are not.  Some of them are useful, and some of them .... well, some of them have no logical use in the world.  Some of them we wondered who in their right mind would have ever bought it in the first place --- so beware because Sister Two will have a white elephant or two to re-gift.  (Not that she would ever do that!)



I have a great photo of the back of my CR-V completely filled with gifts, but alas, without my main computer I cannot access Mardell's camera.  She has a funky sized card for her Olympus.  I have a slot for it on my dead computer, but not anywhere else.


So let's do some guided imagery.


Close your eyes and imagine a black CR-V.


Do you have that image?  Good.  Now imagine a very dirty black CR-V.


Do you have that image?


Good.  Now imagine a black CR-V that is dirtier than anything you've ever seen before.


That's it.  Now picture the entire cargo area filled with brightly wrapped gifts.  Imagine them reaching to the top of the head rests on the back seat.  They are all wrapped in cheery, beautiful paper covered with spring flowers.  Each package is neatly numbered and has a bow.


Now imagine Sister Two's face when she comes out and sees that I was serious.
(I don't get why people don't take me seriously.)


Okay, enough guided imagery.  The day to open the first package has finally arrived ....
let's see what was in store for her.



 
 
 
Today was a two-part package.
The small package held the Charming Tails figurine
"A Little Bird Told Me" that is pictured up above.   


Here's what was in the large box:


 
Prune juice and 40 shot glasses!
One for each day until her birthday!



I wonder what tomorrow holds in store for her?


2 comments:

SisterTwo said...

They say a shot of prune juice is good for you..... regardless of your age.

Mardell said...

And you know, Katie, that we only want what is good for you, And now, on the day 39's surprise. :)