Wednesday, September 30, 2009

For the Love of Corn

Fall brings all the best things: back to school, sweaters and new shoes, and--just to make me homesick for those good ol' Nebraska days--an abundance of corn.

California has an abundance of many things, including the best Pumpkin Patches in the West. We cruised over to CoolPatchPumpkins in Dixon to check one out today. They boast a Guinness Book World Record for largest Corn Maze. 

I prefer to avoid giant corn mazes without adult supervision thanks to a childhood/Stephen King/Children of the Corn induced sense of cautiousness. But there were plenty of other fun fall activities:
 


There's nothing like a corn pond to bring a brother and sister together.


Can't make it to the beach? Corn Mermaid to the rescue.


Tired of that boring treadmill workout? Jump into a pile of grain. 



Of course there's always room for contemplation in your very own corn spa.



And once you've had enough corn down your pants for one day, you can take a quick jog through the pumpkin patch, kick it in a tipi, or spend your allowance on baby pumpkins and colorful ears to wap your siblings with. 

To quote my friend Tracy, Pumpkin Patch Time is the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.

3 comments:

SisterTwo said...

I want to go with the kids!!! This looks like so much fun! I guess next time I'm at the corn pile I should go for a dive. Anderson seems to think it's the thing to do.

Sister One said...

Your kids are growing up so fast. I love all the "stuff" that we get to see them experience.

Mom said...

Oh what fun! I love the pictures you get of the kids too! They are growing up so fast.