Sunday, November 2, 2008

What a Beautiful Day

Today was a beautiful day.

The weather was perfect for doing some much needed out door chores.

Like finishing up the painting of the house.

Or moving the wood pile.

Clearing the garden since dead goats don't eat weeds.

Burning weeds.

Cleaning up downed tree limbs.

Fixing the fence that was demolished in the August wind storm.  Jiggsy and Murph  could stroll right out of the pasture and yet they stay.  



Of course I didn't do any of those things.
Because what I really needed to do was stuff inside.

Like laundry.  That would be good.  Otherwise I'll be buying new underwear and socks.  Again.  I don't think Vicki would understand if I called in unclothed.  Someday I'm going to tackle Mt. Laundry.  But not today.  And probably not tomorrow either.

Dishes.  Yep, that would be another good thing.  How can two people dirty so many dishes?!

Grading papers .... again.  Still.  Yuck.

Nap. 
Now there's a good idea ....
napping is one of my favorite past times.

But not today.
No, today was set aside for quilting.

I started and finished a chenille lap quilt this week-end.

Well, almost.  I have to hand sew the binding on and then wash it so that the chenille part chenilles.  Yeah, I know that's not a word.  But I'll bet you figured out what I meant didn't you?   

I hate hand sewing.  I wonder how that will work while riding the recumbent bike?

With any luck, I'll have a picture of the finished product sometime this week!



No comments: