Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Today

For those of you who know me well, you probably
realize that I don't make it a habit of picking up men.

I had a hellish long day today and just couldn't help myself.
Ben and Jerry can fix just about anything!

Mom's caretaker called this morning about 8 to let me know that she had called the ambulance because Mom was having trouble breathing.  I told her I would meet them at the hospital.

I actually beat the ambulance to the hospital .... and without a ticket.

They admitted her and immediately intubated her so that she could breath.
Her chest x-ray showed that both lungs were full of fluid, so instead of weaning her off the ventilator (which was the original plan), they are going to try to pull the fluid off and give her lungs a chance to heal.

If you are a smoker, STOP now.

Today was not a pretty picture.

She was unresponsive to family throughout the day.

The nurse assured us that she knows that we are there,
but I'm not convinced.  At one point, I thought she might know
I was there, but overall, I would say that she didn't have a clue.
She is heavily sedated and they are keeping her comfortable.

I have added the Twitter toolbar to the blog and will update from the hospital tomorrow.  If you click on the follow me link, you can opt to have updates sent to your phone.  Otherwise just Sister One, Sister Two and Aunt Sue will be regularly updated.

Thank you for all of your kind thoughts.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Trudy, for the hour by hour update. Let your Mom know I am pulling for her....and hope for the best for her. Hang in there all of you.

Anonymous said...

Keep your chin up! You are a fantastic daughter and Pam is lucky to have you there with her through all of this! We love you!