Friday, August 22, 2008

A Question for you

At the beginning of August, when I was frantically helping my daughters get ready for the county fair.  A party was going on.  A party I was invited to attend, but I chose not to go. 

It was a party for  my 20th high school reunion.   Maybe I chose not to go because I'm in denial that it was in 1988 I graduated from high school.  When I look in the mirror it's still the same old me.... not the young 18 year old leaving the halls of AHS to take on the world, but still me.  By the way where did the last twenty years go?  


I still see all my friends from high school on a regular basis.   We talk on the playground when we pick up our kids after shool.  We stop and visit  at the grocery store  or at a ball game.  Or we have marathon phone calls catching up on each other's lives.  Although on my end it's pretty boring catch up.   

So I chose not to attend my 20th reunion, even though I did go to my 10th year reunion.   When the class picture from the reunion  appeared in the newspaper while I was at fair.  I stood in campgrounds with my best friend from high school comparing how everyone has changed in twenty years.  I still don't  regret not attending.    Even though my mother always claims they are the best times.  I know my aunt has hesistated on attending her 45th that is coming up this weekend.  But knowing her she will attend and have a wonderful time. 

My question is this,  "Did you attend or are you planing on attending your high school class reunion?"   Would love to hear your stories about your class reunion.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about going to my 20th, but it's still two years from now, so I don't have to decide today. You should post the picture that was in the paper so I can see what everyone looks like.

Anonymous said...

I received the following from Traci, the one person I am still in contact with from my high school class. It fits so well.



There comes a point in your life when you realize:

who matters,

who never did,

who won't anymore...

and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past,

there's a reason why they didn't make it to

your future.

Anonymous said...

I, too, went to my 10th reunion and have not gone since then. However, this year would have been my 50th class reunion, but it fell on the same date as my granddaughter, Missy's high school graduation, so it was not a decision to make on where I would be....graduation of course.

Anonymous said...

I reluctantly attemded my 45th reunion last night and had a wonderful time. We had a 10, 20, 30, and 40th but this was the best yet. Am very glad I went. I wonder how many of us will make it to the 50th?